Sunday, August 28, 2011

City To Surf - Perth

This is a major milestone for me. Thought I may not be allowed to even compete since I only had stomach surgery less then 3 weeks ago. But my surgeon said I could compete as long as I was mindful of any soreness etc. Well, I just JFDI’d it and completed the 12km walk in just under 2hrs and 30 mins.

I was determined to give it a red hot go as far as my post surgery body would take me. There was a moment there I was about to give up and my husband said to me “What would Mish say if you quit now?” and “JUst get into the zone and Just F’n DO it” and so with his support we made it to the end


smile

After the race, hubby said to me. “your mindset is so changed. Last year you wouldn’t have even contemplated the 12km walk, and to be honest you didn’t even sign up for the 4km because you didn’t think you could do it. Now this year you did a 12km walk after surgery. I am so proud of you and this is your achievement that you can improve on in the future”


My results:


No comments:

Post a Comment