Saturday, January 22, 2011

A New Blog - A New Year - A New Me

So, its 2011.  I have set myself some challenges and some goals, and have decided to document my journey this year, good or bad, by way of a blog.  I am not the funniest writer, and a few spelling and grammatical errors will creep in I am sure, but what I will try and do is be real.

Today, I joined Michelle Bridges 12WBT.  I did this last year and lost 8.5kg but unfortunately put it all back on just about.  But it does work.  And with no Xmas period coming up it means I can be more focused.

I am also trying to start a family, and being obese, it means that losing weight is very important.  I also just recently got diagnosed with GORD (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease ) and have to wait a week to see the doctor to renew my subscription for Pariet.  The unfortunate symptom of my GORD is extreme dibilitating pain in my chest when I try to exercise more than a little bit of walking.  But once I have the tablets it will be full steam ahead.

I am also trying to start a family and have been plotting my temperatures with my lovely electronic thermometor, testing my LH levels using pee sticks, spitting on a microscope, checking my cervical fluid, and just plain old logging my moods etc.  This is the first time I have done this and this month timed the deed with hubby to the days I was supposed to be most fertile.  TTM is due on Friday 28 Jan, and hubby and I are hoping it never comes, however, I have done an early pregnancy test and got a big fat negative so the signs don't look that good this month, but there is still hope until Friday.

SO, here's to the new blog, the new year and a new me.

And if I can remember, lot's of posts.

3 comments:

  1. Keep your fingers crossed, Bec! Both my babies took until the day I was due for TTM to show. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck chick. With my kids the tests didn't show positive till well after TTM was due. Had tests come back negative with all 3!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day at a time lovely! Would be lovely to hear of a little surprise coming your way soon though! :)

    ReplyDelete