Saturday, February 5, 2011

Learning to climb

So, I went to the doctors and he has diagnosed me with depression and anxiety.  He doesn't want to medicate me as he knows how much I want to have children and he said I could pretty much kiss that idea goodbye if we go down the medication route.  So instead, he has organised for me to see him again next week so we can get a care plan in place and to organise for me to see a psychologist.  We believe (the doc and me) that a good healthy dose of counselling will help.  He said he will also help me with everything he can in regards to my weight and trying to have children as he seems to think that getting those two problems under control will have a major impact and help me get better.

Well on Wednesday I will see what I need to do with this care plan.

Baby steps, huh?

3 comments:

  1. Oh Bec, so pleased! Yes baby steps! Thats you climb mountains though aye! Little steps and then eventually you look back and go WOW, I SURVIVED!

    Just remember there are plenty of us here "holding your hand" on your journey.

    Love and light xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby steps indeed lovely... Look after YOU and keep pushing forward! So many good things ahead, just work at getting there bit by bit...

    :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Paula and Amy. I honestly thought it wouldn't happen to me, especially since I never got depressed when I was 190kg, but what was I kidding, when it runs in the family, how are you supposed to escape the heredity gene? At least I have a supportive family, a good doctor, a loving husband, and great friends (even if I haven't met some of them in person). Thanks lovely people.

    ReplyDelete